- Build a classroom culture of excellence and deliver rigorous instruction by building content expertise in humanities and STEM that is captured in units of study and daily plans.
- Engage in cycles of data driven instruction to inform planning and personalize instruction to student needs.
- Collaborate with special education staff so students identified as needing extra support are meaningfully included.
Student and Parent Partnership
- Partner with all students and families through frequent communication, building trusting relationships, and embracing the knowledge parents have as their child’s first teacher.
- Build authentic relationships with families beginning with home visits that form the foundation for frequent ongoing communications to support student success.
- Engage with families on academic and behavioral goals and transparently share student progress so that both parents and teachers own each child’s successes and challenges.
- Commit to doing and being their best, and to growing their skills as professionals and as individuals
- Attend all professional development meetings and opportunities that may exceed the regular school day hours of 7:30a-4:30p
- Urgently and courageously takes actions in the best interest of students, even if they are new or unfamiliar
- Meet all professional obligations and proactively communicate when changes come up
- Exhibit a high level of honest and humble self-reflection owning good and bad outcomes
- Effectively respond to and implement constructive feedback
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and contribute to positive staff culture
- Collaborate with all staff members to ensure that all students have consistent and well-coordinated support
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree
- A valid teaching credential or enroll in an accredited credentialing program during their first year
- Agreement with the academic goals and philosophy of the Empower Community School
- Commitment to accountability, including a rigorous student testing regime
- Preferred: Prior experience in urban education
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Empower Schools of Alabama considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, the presence of a medical condition, disability, or any other legally protected status.
In its efforts to promote nondiscrimination and as required by law, Empower Schools of Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, disability, age, or any other basis prohibited by law, in providing education services, activities, and programs.