To instruct student-athletes in the fundamental skills, strategies, and physical conditioning necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Demonstrates support for the school system and its vision, goals, and priorities
- Demonstrates ability to improve performance with varying level of skills and abilities
- Adheres to local school policies, administrative procedures, and other like directives, as well as state, federal, and local laws
This job describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job goals, qualifications, and responsibilities and the employee may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must meet background clearance requirements as specified by Alabama Statutes and State Board of Education regulations
- Must have coaching experience or extensive experience playing the sport
- Commit to doing and being their best, and to growing their skills as professionals and as individuals.
- Urgently and courageously takes actions in the best interest of students, even if they are new or unfamiliar.
- Meet all professional obligations and proactively communicate when changes come up
- Exhibit a high level of honest and humble self-reflection owning good and bad outcomes
- Effectively respond to and implement constructive feedback.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and contribute to positive staff culture.
- Collaborate with all staff members to ensure that all students have consistent and well-coordinated support.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Empower Schools of Alabama considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, the presence of a medical condition, disability, or any other legally protected status.
In its efforts to promote nondiscrimination and as required by law, Empower Schools of Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, disability, age, or any other basis prohibited by law, in providing education services, activities, and programs.